Τετάρτη 30 Μαρτίου 2011

Fear Factory - Demonfacture


If ever there was a purpose to the "Mortal Combat"-soundtrack, it was to introduce me to FEAR FACTORY.

And what more fitting of a role could FEAR FACTORY's music have played in that movie than to have broken in during what I consider to be the most climactical and intense battle the length of the film? Whatever dissatisfaction I was granted as Mr. Cage delivered the final blow to finish the mighty Scorpion was balanced by my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times through the scene as I began to focus not so much on the battle, but on the now-classic crushing of "Zero-Signal". I began to view the scene not as theatrics in a movie already riddled with them, but as a brutal duel to the death with room only for one man to claim victory, and retain their mortality. I was obsessed. I had to have the album, and not Raiden, Sub-Zero, or even Goro himself would dare stand in my path.
What lay in store for me you ask?
Initially, the album places you in a cold setting of chains, gears, and steel with it's title track, "Demanufacture". You'll notice right away that FEAR FACTORY place a lot of emphasis on the double-bass, and with Ray Herrera behind the kit, they couldn't be in more capable, er.. feet. Aside from that, this sets the stage pretty much for the rest of the album nicely. Laden with fairly basic, yet essential riffing and chugging, along with Burton's aggressive/at-times-tranquil vocal approach, FEAR FACTORY have written an album that is sure to please most looking for something to thrash to. Not convinced? How about if I tell you that Colin Richardson produced this one? I thought so.

Well, before you rush off, I will warn you that there are many parts ("New Breed", "Dog Day Sunrise", "Pisschrist", etc.) where you might get the overwhelming sense of deja-vu as Burton simply refuses to end a chorus, or simply put down the mic, and let the musicians take over for a bit. If you dislike repetitiveness, be wary.
…I STILL say that Scorpion should have destroyed that silver-spoon.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου